Visit The EDM310 Alumni Blog Amazing! An Alumni Blog! Thanks to Jackie Gorski and all of her co-authors!

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Aviary - Web Based Image Program - Highly Recommended!

Aviary LogoAnd its free!

Aviary is an excellent image program which allows you to do all sorts of things on the web with a free program. There are lots of good tutorials. If you are an artist, a designer, a photographer, or someone who likes to "mess with" images, this is a must. It will be a required tool for EDM310 next semester.

Even if you do not make use of this semester, add it to your toolbox! Everybody. Mac and PC users!

Go to Aviary. Sign up with your Google Account. Enter a screen name. When you return sign in with your Google account.

Be sure you add Talon to Firefox. This also applies to Mac users. Open Firefox. Go to Aviary. On right, in middle, add Talon. Talon is an excellent Screen capture utility. It will be the mandatory tool for Screen capture from now on in EDM310. Mac users will, no doubt, continue to use command-shift-3 or command-shift-4, but PC users (and Mac users going to alter the image) will find Aviary extremely useful.

Thanks to Jamie Lynn Miller for bringing Aviary to my attention.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks Dr. Strange for checking it out for me!!! I can't wait to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness... Aviary is so cool! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I have been looking for something like this for my pictures! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like I'll have to give it a try. That is after I complete my other homework... I will keep you all posted on how it works out. Thanks for the idea Jamie Lynn!

    ReplyDelete