Visit The EDM310 Alumni Blog Amazing! An Alumni Blog! Thanks to Jackie Gorski and all of her co-authors!

Monday, September 29, 2014

Book Trailers Do Attract Attention!

Letter from author of Love You Forever
The author of the book that I used for my book trailer emailed me and I just thought I would share with you what he wrote!
-Lauren Lee

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Sharon Bruder
Date: September 29, 2014 at 9:51:10 AM CDT
To: laurenleeyancey@gmail.com

Hi Lauren:

Thanks for writing. I liked your book trailer. Thanks for sharing the story with others.
I wrote Love You Forever after we had two stillborn babies. For me, it was a fantasy about the life my kids would never have. I wrote it just for myself and didn't think of it as a book. Much later I started using it at storytellings and I was surprised at the response. I decided to try to publish it. My usual publisher didn't want to do it [It's not a kids book"]. I finally went with another publisher. "Love You" got terrible reviews. It didn't get one good review in Canada. Still it sold 30,000 in 1986 which made it the bestselling Canadian kid's book that Christmas. Then it 1987 it sold 70,000. "Wow!" said the publisher, "Don't expect this to last". It didn't. In 1988 it sold 1,000,000 and has been selling about 1,000,000 a year ever since.

I think the book works because it lets people think about what life is all about. I never meant this story to be for other people, but I get great satisfaction from thinking that it may have as good an effect on other people's lives as it has had on my own.

Bob Munsch

If you get a thank you note from the author of the book you used for your book trailer, let me know!

Congratulations Lauren!

To watch the video go to Lauren's post Project 8 Book Trailer or just click the picture at the top of this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment