1. The URL for your EDM310 blog
2. The URL for the the EDM310 Class Blog. You should know that by now. And you are probably reading this while on the Class Blog so I do not have to repeat the URL here.
3. You will have to know the seven standards for EDM310. They are in the Syllabus on pp. 2-3. I have also listed them here with the categories under which they fall:
Literacy: Oral and Written Communications (iii)
(3)(c) 1.(iii) Knowledge of media communication technologies that enrich learning opportunities.
Literacy: Technology (i, ii and vi)
(3)(c) 4.(i) Knowledge of available and emerging technologies that support the learning of all students.
(3)(c) 4.(ii) Knowledge of the wide range of technologies that support and enhance instruction, including
classroom and school resources as well as distant learning and online learning opportunities
(3)(c) 4.(vi) Ability to evaluate students’ technology proficiency and students’ technology based products within content areas.
Professionalism: Ethics (ii and iv)
(5)(c) 5.(ii) Knowledge of safe, responsible, legal and ethical uses of technologies including fair-use and
copyright guidelines and internet-user protection policies.
(5)(c) 5.(iv) Ability to practice safe, responsible, legal, and ethical use of technology and comply with school and district acceptable-use policies including fair-use and copyright guidelines and Internet-user
And, for Elementary Education majors ONLY, change from Teacher QTS on left to K-6 Teacher Education. Then click on General Special Education and add the two files to this standard:
Special Education: 290-3-3-.34 (2)(g)2.(iii) Knowledge of assistive technology, including assessment for and use of assistive technology devices.
4. You will have to know how to access and how Foliotek works. Watch the Video
You can also watch the movie Foliotek Instructions Fall 2010 on YouTube. WARNING. The movie was done in 2010 and the standards have slightly changed. The standards now associated with EDM310 that are listed in this post are those you MUST use.
If YouTube gives you problems, you can watch, or download to your computer the Foliotek Instructions from My Gallery.
5. REMEMBER that for your first standard you Add a File and then click Add External File or URL and then CORRECTLY paste the URL (be sure there is only ONE http://). You do this for BOTH URLs
6. REMEMBER that after your first standard is complete you ALWAYS Add File - Add Existing File and check both URLs.
7. REMEMBER you must check to see that you have added both the Class Blog (Friendly Name: EDM310 Class Blog) and Your EDM310 Class Blog (Friendly name: Your Name’s EDM310 Class Blog). Go to Files in the tabs in the middle at the top of Foliotek. Look for the Friendly Names EDM310Class Blog and Your Name’s EDM310 Class Blog. There should BE ONLY ONE OF EACH. If there is more than one you did not follow the instructions (see #6 above). You will have to remove the offending files. You will need help from one of the lab assistants.
8. You must check to make sure that the link works and goes to the correct place.
9. You must make sure that all 7 of the standards are assigned to each of the “files” (really URLs)
10. You must then ask for one of the EDM310 staff members to check your Foliotek. This must be done IN PERSON during the MANDATORY CLASS Wednesday 5/2/12 (4 pm and 6pm) or Thursday 5/3/12 (11:00 and 2:00).